Trouble registering with Discord
If you have trouble registering on the C3PAO Stakeholder Forum, try these troubleshooting steps:
INVITE LINK: https://discord.gg/68P2w8qJ5S
- When you enter your username, keep it simple with no spaces. “JohnSmith”. The nickname can be adjusted later.
- Close all your browser windows. Make sure you don’t have a discord app running already in the background, or logged on from your phone.
- Re-try the invite using an incognito / in-private version of your browser (you can normally open a new tab in privacy mode). This makes sure you don’t have conflicting history in your browser.
- If Discord asks for your email and password, put in a good email and whatever you want your password to be (new password).
- Verify yourself using Email, not using your phone. This should send an email to your address that you can click to verify.
- If Discord says that you HAVE to verify yourself using your phone, this normally means you created an account at some point in the past and have forgotten about it. You need to reset your password to discord.com
- Close all browser windows, navigate directly to https://discord.com/login (do not use the invite link), and follow the steps to reset your password using your phone number or email address as your account name. Once you have reset your password and logged on to Discord, then follow the invite link again.
Registered successfully but no channels visible
Once you get into the C3PAO Stakeholder Forum, you will notice that there is only an “Introductions” channel and a “read-me” channel. This is because you have not been given permission to see the rest of the channels yet. You need to verify that you are a real person and that a C3PAO sponsors you. To do this, follow the instructions in the #read-me channel.
After requesting verification, give it a day or so then check back to read through the forum.
Discord is blocked at work
If your work network blocks Discord, we recommend using your cell phone to access the Forum instead.
You can download the Discord app from the Apple store or Google Play store. The app is very easy to use. Our Thursday brunch meetings also work well from the app.
Some work networks will allow Discord, but block the specific ports used for voice meetings. If you can’t hear anyone, again, use your cell phone and a guest WIFI network instead.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you get stuck.
We hope to see you in the forum soon!